Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Model Spotlight: Great Britain's Oldest Runway Model




There she is, Daphne Selfe, UK's oldest runway model at the age of 80, modeling for Dolce & Gabbana, Tata-Naka, and Michiko Koschino. She is a mother of three and a grandmother of four and is still strikingly gorgeous to this day. Daphne has been modeling for 60 years with the help of her bold cheekbones, graceful posture and he long lustrous gray hair.





She earns up to 1,000 british pounds a day and has been modeling for Nivea, Olay, and countless others. Her career relaunched after she was spotted as a great candidate to appeal to older women while sitting down at a fashion show about 11 years ago.

"My comeback was extraordinary and quite ironic. I got big when I embraced my age and went gray. It made me more striking. My hair is my fortune," she said.





She is now a 36-26-26.

No comments: